Typesy offers a version made available through schools that will be referred to as Typesy EDU and a number of other versions which will be collectively referred to as Typesy Individual. The personal information that we collect, use, share and disclose will depend on which version of Typesy you use.
Most of Typesy is a general audience website. We do not knowingly collect information from children located in the United States under the age of 13 and children located in the European Union under the age of 16. However, some parts of Typesy including but not limited to Typesy EDU are designed for students who may be children. Students may access the sections of Typesy directed at children only after their teacher or school official has entered into an agreement with Typesy.
Finally, please note that this policy applies only to Typesy and Web sites that carry the Typesy brand. This policy does not apply to other eReflect Software websites or apps, or companies or organisations’ websites to which we link. We have clearly marked the Typesy site and these branded Web sites with our logo so you know where this policy applies.
“Client”: The trader being a company, partnership, sole trader or other organisation or any individual, which undertakes to accept Typesy Services.
“Partner”, “Affiliate”: A third-party organisation that provides Internet development, hosting and/or Internet access services and/or other services to Typesy and/or Client.
“Services”, “Products”: Computer software, upgrades, technical support, ordering information, order processing, help desk communication, emails, newsletters, or any other product, service, and/or means of communication solicited by and provided to Typesy Clients, Partners, and/or Affiliates.
About All Typesy Software Web Site Visitors: In general, our service automatically gathers certain usage information like the number and frequency of visitors to Typesy, like television ratings that tell the networks how many people tuned in to a program. We only use such data in the aggregate. This collective data helps us determine how much our Clients use parts of the site, so we can improve our site to assure that it is as appealing as possible. For example, Typesy uses “cookies,” a technology that tells us how and when pages in the site are visited, and by how many people. Typesy cookies do not collect personally identifiable information and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personally identifiable information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is. We also may provide statistical “ratings” information, never information about you personally, to our Typesy partners about how our members, collectively, use Typesy. We do this so they can understand how many people use our site in order for them to provide you with the best possible experience. The following are ways that our service automatically gathers information about usage:
1. “Cookies”: A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. Cookies are in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site. Once the Client closes their browser, the cookie terminates. For example, if a Client sets a cookie on the site, the Client would not have to enter a password more than once. If a Client rejects the cookie, they may still use the site, but the Client will be limited in some areas of the site.
2. Log Files: We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track Client movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
3. “Tell-A-Friend”: If a Client elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we ask the Client for the friend’s name and email address. Typesy will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. Typesy stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email. The friend may contact Typesy to request the removal of this information from our database.
Sometimes, we may specifically ask for information about you (for example, when you request technical support, or when you order a product). We may need certain information, such as name, email address, billing address, type of computer or credit card number in order to provide that service or product. We may also use that information to let you know of additional products and services that might interest you. You can choose not to receive such information by letting us know on the registration screen when you sign up for the product or service. We may ask you for information about your interests so that both you and Typesy can take advantage of the interactivity of the online medium, but you may always choose to respond or not. Additionally, we may provide you with an opportunity to be listed in a directory on one of our Typesy Branded services; these listings are also optional and you can make changes to or eliminate this information when you want to. The following are ways we may collect personal or specific information:
1. “Registration”: In order to use some parts of the Typesy Website or gain information about a certain product and/or services, the Client must first complete the registration form. During registration the Client is required to give their contact information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact the user about the services on our site about which they have expressed interest.
2. “On-Line Payment”, “Shopping Cart”: We request information from the Client on our order form and/or service payment form. Here the Client must provide contact information (such as name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill the Client’s orders. If we have trouble processing an order, this contact information is used to get in touch with the Client. We share this information with Braintree, payment processing software, to process payments from our users.
3. “Surveys and Contests”: From time to time Typesy requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is voluntary and the Client therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code or age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of the relevant Typesy Site, Service or Product.
4. “Newsletters and Notifications”: If the Client wishes to subscribe to our newsletter(s) or notifications (Special Offer, Site, Product and Service Updates, etc.) – we ask for contact information such as the Client’s name and email address. The Client will always be able to unsubscribe from such newsletters and/or notifications by using the unsubscribe links located in the emails or by contacting [email protected]
If you have an account with Typesy we will still send you non-promotional communications, such as service-related emails.
Children under the age of 13 in the United States and children under the age of 16 in the European Union are not permitted to create their own account on Typesy without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child who has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact [email protected] so we can delete such information.
Children may use Typesy EDU provided the school has complied with its responsibilities under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act ("FERPA") and Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”).
If a teacher or school official has consented to our collection of information from children who are students in a manner consistent with COPPA, we will collect and use such personal information solely for the use and benefit of the school and for no other commercial purpose. As such we do not send promotional material or surveys to children using Typesy EDU. A school or district must obtain the consent of a parent or legal guardian before providing Typesy with any child’s personal information. A parent or school official may revoke at any time their consent to allow children to use Typesy EDU.
Upon request from a parent or legal guardian, we will provide a description of the personal information we collect, give parents the opportunity to review their child’s personal information or have their child’s personal information deleted. Such requests can be made by contacting [email protected]
Typesy collects, retains and uses only the information about our Clients that is required by law to administer Typesy business and provide high-level services to our Clients. We retain this information no longer than necessary to meet these objectives.
Typesy has established procedures so that a Client’s financial and personally identifiable information is accurate, current and complete in accordance with reasonable commercial standards. Any request to correct inaccurate information is responded to in a timely manner.
All Typesy employees are educated about the importance of privacy and confidentiality. Only those employees having a business reason for knowing such information have access to personally identifiable information.
Typesy maintains rigorous security standards and procedures regarding unauthorised access to Client information. Therefore we do not intend to send or receive any sensitive information (such as passwords or credit card information) in an unprotected way or via unencrypted emails.
We do not use or disclose information about your individual visits to Typesy Sites or information that you may give us, such as your name, address, email address or telephone number, to any outside companies. But sometimes it is necessary to provide personally identifiable Client information to a third party. If so, Typesy shall insist that the third party adheres to similar privacy principles that are provided for keeping such information confidential and Client authorisation should be requested.
Typesy provides information about Client’s accounts or other personally identifiable data to third parties only when: (1) the information is provided to help complete a Client-initiated transaction; (2) the Client requires it; (3) the disclosure is required by or allowed by law; or (4) it is necessary to process transactions and provide our services.
Typesy Clients have the right to know what information we keep about them and how the information is used. Clients have the right to have any inaccurate information corrected or deleted. You can submit a request to review, update or delete any personal information that eReflect stores about you by emailing [email protected]
Unsolicited email circulars (SPAM) are becoming an increasing nuisance to Internet users. These mass direct mail-shots can cause inconvenience, annoyance and expense to recipients. Typesy does not condone such practices in any form, nor do we sanction such applications by other websites.
Typesy and its services operate on servers located in the United States. By using Typesy you consent to the collection, transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, you can contact Typesy by emailing us at [email protected] or by writing to us at 3651 Lindell Rd. Suite D1104, Las Vegas, NV 89103.